Teachers, Administrators and School Employees
In addition to students and parents, we also serve administrators, teachers and non-teaching school employees with employment-related issues. We also represent educators through licensure and disciplinary proceedings before the Ohio Department of Education.
School employee representation may include:
- School personnel issues (hiring, terminations, suspensions, discipline, etc.);
- Teacher and principal licensure proceedings before the Ohio Department of Education; Office of Professional Conduct;
- Substitute teaching licensure proceedings before the Ohio Department of Education, Office of Professional Conduct;
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Charges;
- Federal and state court litigation;
- Social media-related discipline;
- Off-campus or non-employment-related conduct;
- Non-renewal of employment contracts;
- Administrative transfers;
- Reductions-in-force (RIFs);
- Layoffs for financial reasons;
- Ohio Teacher Evaluation System issues;
- Ohio Principal Evaluation System issues;
- Drug testing of school employees;
- Title VII and Ohio Civil Rights Law - Employment discrimination Issues
- Employees with disabilities (ADA, Ohio law and reasonable accommodations);
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) issues;
- Ohio Sunshine Law (Public Records Act and Open Meetings Act).
We provide no-charge issue assessments for school employees.